Are you retired but looking to earn some extra cash and keep yourself busy with a part time job?
THE BEST RETIREMENT JOBS FOR RETIREES WHO WANT INCOME AND FUN
Have you heard of the newest work term for individuals who are about to retire from their first career and begin a new one? It is called “zenployment”. This term refers to a retirement career which provides fulfillment even fun and additional income but without all the stress.
Putting it simply, “zenployment” is a cool and easy job for retired people. It is a kind of occupation that contains more fun than stress.
There are many make money opportunities for retirees who would like to continue being active. Listed below are the best retirement jobs.
1. BECOME A WEDDING PLANNER
Weddings are often the happiest day of people’s lives and you can be a part of it. There are many courses available to become a wedding planner. Often they involve following a real wedding planner so you can gain true insights about the business; from the skills and tasks required to how to find clients. This includes a study of all the wedding basics from rings, gowns, flowers, favors, suits, cakes, traditional and modern venues, flower arrangements, wine, entertainment, deadlines and budgets.
2. WORK IN A SEASONAL SKI OR FISHING LODGE.
I know a retired family friend in Saskatoon, Canada who actually does this. They have six months off and then spend six months working in a fishing lodge. It is a fairly basic place, but the amazing fish stocks means that he meets elite and interesting guests.
3. WORK ON A CRUISE SHIP.
It is hard not to love a job that involves getting paid to travel the world. Cruise ships are so huge these days, they are more like floating cities. They need to employ all manner of staff from musicians, housekeepers, cleaners, servers, entertainers and retail assistants. If you have a specialist hobby or interest, you may be surprised at the opportunities that may be available to you. Some cruise ships have classes such as flower-making, book-binding to juggling, art history and model ship building.
4. BE A HOME SITTER Retired people are often considered to be reliable, trustworthy, responsible and clean. Consider becoming a home sitter. You could end up house-sitting a beautiful hacienda in Mexico! There are websites such as housecarers.com which are dedicated to matching house sitters with home owners.
5. WORK AS A PET SITTER
As with house-sitting this is another money making opportunity which favors senior people who are considered to be experienced and responsible. If you have some experience in owning or caring for a pet, you might consider working as a pet walker, pet sitter, or even house-sitting combined with pet sitting. Compensation for this is usually on an hourly basis and there is a wide range of rates. You make earn more if you have additional skills such as dog training.
6. RETRAIN AS AN INTERIOR DESIGNER
Do you watch home make over shows on TV and offer your own opinions? Do you long to help people re-decorate their homes? You may also consider taking and interior design course and using your talent to help people re-design their houses. It is creative, satisfying and fun and there are more people who require the services of an interior designer than you might first realize.
7. BE A WORK-AT-HOME TRAVEL AGENT
The tourism industry has seen some ups and downs in the past few years, but overall long-term growth in this industry continues to move upwards. Many travel firms, especially online booking agencies are happy to hire work-at-home travel agents. It is an easy skill to acquire and you may even receive company discounts for you and your family on travel packages.
8. HELP OUT IN THE GARDEN FOR MONEY
Many families are too busy to maintain their garden. If you enjoy gardening and working outdoors, you might consider becoming a gardener. It is not only a rewarding job, there are tremendous health benefits to being outside and staying physically active.
9. TIDY UP FOR A LIVING! BECOME A PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZER.
If you have always been a neat freak and a highly organized person, professional organizing might be the ideal profession for you. If you have ever watched the TV show “Hoarders”, you will know that there are people out there who just have too much stuff and can never keep their homes and offices tidy.
10. QUALIFY AS A NUTRITIONAL EXPERT AND YOU CAN TRAVEL THE WORLD.
So many people want to combine a holiday with losing weight to getting fit. There are many hotels and travel companies offering healthy vacations. Hotels and spas are offering well being package holidays complete with massage therapists, yoga instructors and nutritionists. If you have a good manner with people and gain a nutrition qualification, you can spend the holiday season giving diet and healthy eating tips.
11. BECOME A GUEST PUBLIC SPEAKER OR HELPER AT A CONVENTION OR CONFERENCE. You have more experience and knowledge that you probably think you do. You might be surprised at the amazing variety of convention and conferences available. You could be a public speaker, which could be something as simple as giving a testimonial or review of a particular product, or talking about your career history and what you have learned on the way. You may be paid or you may simply receive compensation for your travel expenses, lodging and food. It’s a great way to meet people which could lead to similar jobs or even consultancy projects or work.
12. WORK AS BLACKJACK DEALER IN VEGAS
As long as you do not have a criminal record, you might want to train as a card dealer and work in a resort city like Las Vegas, Atlantic City or Reno. Card dealing is not as hard as it might look at first with practice and of course there is that chance to earn a lot of extra money through tips.
Those are our best retirement jobs. As you can see there are many cool and easy jobs available for retirees. Take some time to research the available options, keep an open mind and be persistent.